8/7/09

Let the Wild Rumpus Start!



This new trailer for Where the Wild Things Are is ridiculously beautiful. I already had high hopes for this movie, but now they're even higher. Spike Jones and Dave Eggers really understand childhood. Speaking of Eggers, a couple of weeks ago I saw Away We Go, a movie he wrote with his wife, Vendela Vida, and it was really good. It is extremely different from director Sam Mendes's other couple-with-children movie, last year's brutal Revolutionary Road, but they both share the same sensitive camera work and deliberate pacing.

Also, I've been meaning to turn you guys on to We Love You So. We Love You So is a gorgeous blog started by the production staff behind Where the Wild Things Are. It is a perfect blog and every time I go to it, I see something marvelous.

2 comments:

Emilio Santoro said...

"Where the Wild things are" looks sweet, but I cant agree about "Away We Go". Every time acoustic music played in the background of a sentimental scene made the affair seem really cheesy.
and that's like the whole movie.

Streets Ahead said...

That was the most annoying thing about the movie. Barring the soundtrack (I just assume it's what the couple would listen to), the movie was really sweet and nice. It was well shot and for the most part, well acted (Jim Gaffigan was a major scene stealer). And who can deny the "Oh! Sweet Nothin'" scene?